Paternity leave letter after delivery

In some countries it is customary to give paternity leave to the father –to- be. Although it is not mandatory but a company does allow its employees to take leave. Here in this letter one such employee is seeking leave under the paternity leave provision.
Here is a sample paternity leave letter:
From:
James Hadley
Arthur Road,
California
To:
The Mather and Andrews
Lawyers and Solicitors,
Rosewood Building,
Park Street,
California
21st June2010
Ref: Application for paternity leave
Dear Sir,
I am forwarding my application for paternity leave as you are well aware that my wife has delivered a baby last night. There is no one to look after my 3 year old daughter at home. I will find it difficult to manage home and office. Since my wife has had a cesarean section as her labor was difficult she will have to stay in the hospital for a week.
Besides this the baby has developed jaundice. Although the doctors say that it is not a cause to worry, my wife will get a discharge only after the baby is normal.
Sir, I therefore request you to kindly grant me a month’s paternity leave w.e.f. 22nd June, 2010.
Thanking you,
Sincerely,
James Hadley

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Paternity leave letter after delivery